Saturday 28 October 2023

How not to act in a rocket attack / My closest rocket attack of this war.

I was driving back from visiting my family in Netanya, toward Barzilai Hospital, when my phone pinged saying there was a Red Alert siren in Ashdod.

I think, “Wait a moment. Aren’t I passing Ashdod now?”


I open the window to see if I can hear a siren. I hear a quiet distant siren


Should I pull over? But the other cars are still driving, so like a sheep, I keep driving.


I see a yellow light slowly rising in the sky above me. 

“That looks like a Hamas rocket” I think. 


But the other cars are still driving, so I keep driving.


The rocket leaves my field of vision.


Then there is a big bang that makes me jump. 


Now the car in front pulls over and the driver gets out and sits down on the ground. 


Finally I follow suit and do the same.



The news reports that a rocket made it past the Iron Dome air defence system and hit the ground near Ashdod. There were no injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment